Computer Repair & Training
FROM OUR TECHNICIAN, GEORGE SOHOCKI
I attended Subiaco Academy, a Benedictine Monastery in Northwestern Arkansas. From those excellent priests and brothers, I learned how to learn, learned how to teach, and learned how to be married. In short, I learned how to live in a way that is honest and respectful to all of my brother and sisters in the world.
I had my first computer training in the US Navy from 1982-1987. During this time, I purchased my first desktop PC, with which I wrote my first book. I had a series of technical positions including; micro electronics repair, medical equipment repair, etc. Subsequent to these positions, I began working with a large medical equipment company. I repaired and maintained servers and workstations (computers). About 5 years later, I was promoted to project manager, installing and training nurses to use this equipment, in almost all of the hospitals from Edinburgh to Temple Texas. During this 11 year assignment on evenings and weekends, I installed and repaired home and small business computers.
About 15 years ago Daphne (my wife) and I incorporated A to Z Helpers LLC. We specialize in two areas: in full-charge bookkeeping (Daphne our CEO manages this part of the company and 10 employees) for small and medium sized business. Since my talents tend towards the technical, I repair computers and teach technology sessions at 5 local senior citizen centers.
My burning desire is to be the guy that reaches a million seniors, and teaches them to integrate technology into their lives. I do this by showing seniors that most technology evolved from the industrial age and has a perfect or near perfect parallel from the world of the 40's, 50's & 60's, they already know.
"Seniors already know it-they just don't know they know it...yet"
COMPUTER REPAIR SERVICES
- All Windows Operating Systems
- Virus/Malware removal
- Data transfer (as long a the drive is operable)
- Printer/scanner setup
- Networking both wired and wireless issues
- Some Android devices technical help
- I will work Sunday afternoon (case by case)
- I fix it or it's free, & 30 Day warranty on work,
- Will work remotely if possible
- Ideal for small business and residential customers
- Heavy emphasis on senior citizens
COMPUTER TRAINING SERVICES
- Technology Security for Seniors
- Windows computer Basics
- Microsoft Word & Excel Basics
- Cloud/Internet Computing Basics
- Possibly other software if there is enough interest
- Onsite with your projector or HDMI big screen TV, chairs, and tables.
- Site personnel are responsible for keeping a list of attendees.
- Payment is expected even if attendees do not show up, but substitutions are ok
- Minimum class cost is 3 hours which is comprised of a 2 hour lecture and a half hour setup, take down and question period
- $75/hour for 1-10 attendees and $125/hour for 10-20 attendees
- Lecture notes will be given to each attendee
- Half of the payment is due when scheduled (non-refundable)
- The other half is due upon the start of the lecture
- There is a 5% discount if you make the whole payment on scheduling
- The prices above may change without notice