Computer Repair & Training
FROM OUR TECHNICIAN AND CFO, GEORGE SOHOCKI
I attended Subiaco Academy, a Benedictine Monastery in Northwestern Arkansas. From those excellent priests and brothers, I learned how to learn, learned how to teach, and learned how to be married. In short, I learned how to live in a way that is honest and respectful to all of my brother and sisters in the world.
I had my first computer training in the US Navy from 1982-1987. During this time, I purchased my first desktop PC, with which I wrote my first book. I had a series of technical positions including; micro electronics repair, medical equipment repair, etc. Subsequent to these positions, I began working with a large medical equipment company. I repaired and maintained servers and workstations (computers). About 5 years later, I was promoted to project manager, installing and training nurses to use this equipment, in almost all of the hospitals from Edinburgh to Temple Texas. During this 11 year assignment on evenings and weekends, I installed and repaired home and small business computers.
About 15 years ago Daphne (my wife) and I incorporated A to Z Helpers LLC. We specialize in two areas: in full-charge bookkeeping (Daphne our CEO manages this part of the company and 10 employees) for small and medium sized business. Since my talents tend towards the technical, I repair computers and teach technology sessions at 5 local senior citizen centers.
My burning desire is to be the guy that reaches a million seniors, and teaches them to integrate technology into their lives. I do this by showing seniors that most technology evolved from the industrial age and has a perfect or near perfect parallel from the world of the 40's, 50's & 60's, they already know.
"Seniors already know it-they just don't know they know it...yet"
COMPUTER REPAIR SERVICES
- All Windows Operating Systems
- Virus/Malware removal
- Data transfer (as long a the drive is operable)
- Printer/scanner setup
- Networking both wired and wireless issues
- Some Android devices technical help
- I will work Sunday afternoon (case by case)
- I fix it or it's free, & 30 Day warranty on work
- Will work remotely if possible
- Ideal for small business and residential customers
- Heavy emphasis on senior citizens
COMPUTER TRAINING SERVICES
- Technology Security for Seniors: The language, and metaphor used during these lectures have been used to teach thousands of senior citizens to understand, in clear unambiguous terms, how modern computers and smart devices are used and integrated improve their lives.
- Windows computer Basics
- How to use smartphone cameras
- How to use the Internet for best results
- Microsoft Word & Excel Basics
- Possibly other software if there is enough interest
- How to use and protect home networks
Notes & Expectations if you want to schedule this event.
- 3 hour group training for up to 10 at your suitable space (church, senior center, or other). This is a 2 hour seminar style lecture on any windows operating system topic of your choice plus a question and answer period, time allowing. These lectures have been developed to specifically teach senior citizens. Lectures currently available are: Windows computer basics; Internet security; How to use email and texting; And many others. If you do not have a suitable space, I will make arrangements at one of the local Senior Centers I currently teach at or my neighborhood community center for you at an additional cost of $300.00.
- I will provide each student with notes specific to the lecture. Currently, my Windows Basics lecture notes are about 28 pages.
- Onsite with your projector or HDMI big screen TV, chairs, and tables, pen or pencil, if you are providing the site.
- Site personnel are responsible for keeping a list of attendees. Substitute attendees are fine.
- I will reschedule the event if given enough notice--though, if I am securing the space, I may have to pay a non-refundable deposit to secure a suitable space, so there may be additional costs. I can not schedule until payment has been made.
- The prices above may change without notice.
Please download our Computer Repair & Training Services Flyer for more information